Lead Software Engineer
DetailsTechnical Team Lead
Powerful Cloud-based software solutions company aimed at hospitals and hotels to manage their purchasing, invoicing and insights.
Looking for a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer to work in a small team across a range of exciting projects. Ideally you will have a curious nature, embrace new technologies and enjoy collaboration. You will be a natural leader, with a high level of soft skills, technically astute and happy working autonomously. The role will involve working alongside the product manager on new projects, and new features on a stable and well architected technology stack. You will be expected to grow the software in a scaleable and performant way.
Ideally your skills should include : Ruby on Rails (migrating to Rails 5), AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, SES, ElastiCache, API Gateways, Lambdas, and Redshift), ReactJS, Kibana, Postgres, Docker, TDD.
Reams of data have been collated over the years, so there’s huge scope to get involved in data visualisation and machine learning.
Based in North Sydney with working from home opportunities.
Great company whose values include integrity, accountability, knowledge and teamwork.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences including but not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years in a senior Ruby role
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy while keeping a good pace
- Passionate about writing tests, testing and writing testable code
- You value of clean, reusable, maintainable code and follow best practices
- Understanding of software development and design principles
- Understanding of coding standards
- Lead innovation, improvement and change in a fast paced growth environment
- Guide, motivate, coach and mentor others
- Manage deadlines and escalate where required
- Articulate technical problems, concepts and ideas
- Continuously improve processes and practices
- Perseverance and Grit
- Ability to receive, give and act on feedback diplomatically and empathetically
- Tenacious with proven end to end product cycle experience
- Software Degree Qualified preferred but equivalent experience accepted
$$$ Competitive salary $$$.
I'm a recruiter who's actually technical and I'm happy to share more detail with anyone who's interested.
Apply now with a Github account, LinkedIn account or resume in any format other than .exe← Back to Jobs Apply now →